return and review of poem drafts–with an eye toward revising, for HIES poetry contest
13th Annual HIES Poetry ContestSteve Marine Poetry Award
“Things that are true expressed in words that are beautiful.”–Dante Alighieri, definition of poetry
Fame! Cash Prizes! Literary Immortality!3rd Place: $502nd Place: $751st Place: $100
1. Student contestants must be enrolled in grades 9-12 at Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School.
2. Each student may submit up to three poems.
3. Poem entries may be written in any form or style, with the following parameters:
4. Submit four papers copies of each poem:
5. All poems must be original works and the sole work of the student who submits them
6. All poems must be turned in to Dr. Swann (office in Room 415 or faculty mailbox) no later than Thursday, April 11. Awards ceremony date TBA.
7. Please e-mail Dr. Swann at email@example.com with any question